Sunday, January 4, 2009

My germy weekend

I'm sick.
It all started yesterday morning when I woke up with my left tonsil feeling like it had little knives attached whenever I swallowed. I asked Kyle to get me the thermometer, which quickly escalated into a fight with him saying that I always think I'm sick and me saying that he's an insensitive baboon. (granted, I may run to WebMD a little too often..) But his attitude changed once I forced him to look at my throat and showed him my 100+ temperature. Unfortunately my victory has been somewhat hollow as I have spent this entirely gorgeous weekend doing nothing but rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and dozing through crappy movies on TV (so far I've seen American Pie 2, Arachnophobia, The DaVinci Code and one of the newer Star Wars). Kyle has been kind- getting me throat lozenges (I love that word- lozenge...just savor it while you say it, it's fun- Lozenge) and pretending not to mind that I've ruined his weekend. Hopefully this clears up soon as this week at work is set to be very busy and I need to be at full strength. But as for right now, well, things are coming out of my throat that put that girl in The Exorcist to shame.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

eww yuck! I mean... my poor girl! I sure hope you get better soon! After all you do have to find me a wedding dress this coming weekend! But that is not the point... I love you and I want you better soon!

Anonymous said...

I too am getting sick, which sucks because i was sick at the beginning of December. I'm going to try to head it off, however, by ingesting as many things high in Vitamin C as i possibly can.