Monday, December 8, 2008

The true meaning of friendship

I've figure out how to tell who your best and closest friends are. Surprisingly they are not the ones who buy you bracelets that say BFF on them. Nor are they the ones who call you regularly. Nope. The secret to determining how close you are with someone lies totally in how you are in the bathroom with them.
Before you think I'm completely crazy, hear me out. What happens when you meet someone new and you go to the ladies room together at a public place, for example, you meet your brother's new girlfriend at a restaurant and the 2 of you go to the bathroom. The chatting will go smoothly, until one of you enters the stall. Then you both get quiet until the stall thing is complete (which to be honest probably makes things more awkward...) so that's a level one friendship, an mere acquaintance really.
Your "good" friend, or a level 2 friend is someone with whom you can go into a bathroom like, each enter a stall and the conversation doesn't ever skip a beat. Those are probably where most of the friendships of the girls you see regularly ends up. And that's great. Be thankful for those good friends.
But your best friends, those girls that will literally be there for you no matter what are the girls who can join you in a single toilet no stall room (like at Starbucks) and completely ignore it while you keep on gabbing. If you can do that and not be bothered by it, you know you can talk to them about anything without fear of being looked at oddly or misunderstood. So if you have a good girlfriend and you want to be GREAT friends, just ask if she wants to go to the bathroom with you.
I swear I'm not trying to be crude or crass here. I just really think I'm on to something here. Think about it and I bet you'll agree. And if not, well, I do love the comments!
NOTE- this applies girls only... I don't think it translates to males.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

are you saying you want me to pee in front of you... because if thats what it takes to be your BFF lol :)

Anonymous said...

1. i loathe you.


2. As regards proof of BFFship, should i stop braiding those bracelets i was going to make us? should i start following you to the bathroom (note: i choose not to read disclaimers).


3. I also feel like your blog is aiming for a demographic that i'm having trouble fitting into, re: people not made semi-queasy by girl-in-the-bathroom conversations and imagery. If you don't try to be more inclusive the consequences may be severe: your ratings will decrease.


4. Next time i'm at your house i'm going to leave the bathroom door open while i pee and continue to talk.