Friday, December 5, 2008

crazy dreamer

So I'm irritated at my fiance. And not for anything he did or forgot to do. No, this crazy lady is mad at him for something that happened in my own subconscious. That's right folks, last night I had a dream-fight with my man and I woke up still angry at him, and now I can't shake the feeling. (I told you I was crazy).
See, I have really realistic dreams and I can do what's called lucid dreaming - its where during the dream I realize it's a dream and can change things at will. It's wicked fun, especially when you realize you're dreaming while falling off a cliff and decide you can fly instead so you just soar around (BEST DREAM EVER!). Or if I wake up from a bad dream I can go back to sleep into the same dream and change what I don't like to resolve it.
That's what I wanted to do this morning when I woke up from a dream at 6:30 am. In the dream I had gotten into a huge fight with my sister over a little black poodle that I had and we were on a cruise ship. I woke up feeling icky over it, so I went back to sleep to try and fix it.
Instead of going back to the cruise ship I was launched into another dream that involved me meeting this smoking hot blond chick, us riding bikes and practicing cheerleading together (down boys, it wasn't that kind of dream) and then me finding out that this girl lived with my fiance and was in love with him. And when I tried to talk to him about it, he didn't care and was really cold and cruel to me.
So I woke up feeling hollow and hurt and angry. Kyle hates when I have dreams like this because he spends all day making up for nothing. He already was nice enough to drive me into work this morning, and I'm still miffed at him. I know I shouldn't be, but I just AM. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to call my sister to give her a piece of my mind.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not the only one that had an icky reaction to your dream. keep your subconscious to yourself.

okay that's not true. i like how you ended this blog. Grand-Theft-Dog should be punishable by many, repeated facepunches.

Anonymous said...

If she was a smokin' hot brunette it would have been better....

just sayin'...

Shannon said...

I have dreams where I can wake up and then go back in sometimes and change them... super fun. I have had dreams where I wake up mad at Michael for no reason too lol. Arent our boys so lucky to have us lol!!! :)