So I have this GORGEOUS wedding dress that I love love love, and I'm in the midst of the fittings and all that good stuff. I went for a fitting last month and the dress fit like a dream, but my mom and I noted that I could stand to do some back work to tighten up the muscles so I look sleek and svelte for the big day. And like a good lil gym rat, I hit the gym hard over the last month-Upping my cardio and lifting really consistently. I even unintentionally lost some pounds and joked to my fiance that I would have to start eating more because I didn't want my dress to be too large on me.
Imagine my shock when I get to the dressplace on Saturday and Elyse can BARELY zip up the back of my dress. It fit, but it was so tight that I thought my ribs were going to explode. What happened?!
The tailor lady (who is really good by the way) had said she was going to smooth out the bodice, but even if she did that (and I don't know if she did) I didn't think it would take the dress in at all, since we had agreed last month that it fit perfectly. And she said she could take it back out now, but because the dress is so intricately beaded and embroidered, I'd rather not overwork it and risk hurting the quality of the fabric! But I didn't gain weight, so what gives!!??
I talked to my mom (who is an aerobics instructor and personal trainer) and she thinks that because I have such an easy time gaining muscle when I want to that all my working out has caused my chest and back muscles to "spread" making me wider and that's why the dress isn't fitting. her advice- stop working out my chest and back and hoe that the muscles eat themselves and shrink back down.
So now I need to rethink my whole gym plan, especially since today, Monday, is typically chest and back day. I just can't help but think how crazy this all is- who ever heard of a girl having good workout habits work against her and her wedding dress?!
love
14 years ago
3 comments:
this blog sucks. relentlessly.
i'm working from home today. turns out it was a bad idea! gah.
huzzah! conference call pushed back till tomorrow.
Post a Comment