YAY for Obama!
We were really excited as last night was election night- a.k.a Kyle's SuperBowl (yes, I'm marrying a political nerd, but I love him anyway :) ) I made special election night chicken soup and Victory extra fudgy brownies. I also managed to get Kyle to the gym early in the evening, since most of the polls were still open and there wasn't a lot going on yet. Plus the cardio machines at the gym have individual televisions, so he didn't miss a minute of coverage.
Personally, I loved Obama's speech. Hats off to the writers, and to Obama for great delivery. I'll admit it, we cried. It was that moving (sorry to completely rat you out on the crying Ky, but I had to!) It was quite possibly the best speech I've ever heard. Kyle said it was the perfect blend of JFK and MLK Jr.- inspiring and uplifting but also reassuring and calming. I said he was a genius for coming up with that analogy on his own.
No matter which way you voted, Kudos to all for voting in the first place. I'm proud of all of us in our late teens/ twenties who decided to voice our opinions about how we want this country to function.
But I never did get my free starbucks.
love
14 years ago
1 comment:
Indiana voted for Obama! ye-frakin'-ha!
Post a Comment