Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I want my free starbucks!

I voted already. Kyle practically jumped out of bed in excitement at 7:45 this morning, dragged me out of bed and into the shower and gleefully skipped to the car to drive us to the Thompson School to avoid what he told me would be a "really really long line." He was so excited that he misheard the helper lady and tried to get in the Z line for his last name instead of the E line for our street name. He also almost went running down the hall to the wrong room before I dragged him into the correct gymnasium.
where I want to point out there was NO line. NONE. We walked right up to get crossed off, walked right into the privacy booths and then right to the scanner to complete our civic duty. NO LINE. I could have slept for another 15 minutes. But I'm happy we got it done early, because then we had time to get breakfast :)
The only bummer- No "I voted" stickers! Now people won't know all day that I'm a savvy American who rocked the vote. They'll think I'm an uncaring idiot. And Krispy Kreme won't give me my free doughnut. But I voted people, I DID! And I don't need a little blue sticker to tell me that. But still... it would have been nice to have one....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not just any uncaring idiot

http://tiee.ecoed.net/vol/v3/issues/frontier_sets/yellowstone/img/forest_fire%5BHR%5D.jpg

This was, coincidentally, the background on my computer for most of the 4 years i was an undergrad. great picture with a pretty good back-story to it. when i initially went looking for fire pics it was this one i was looking for.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo... you rock!

BTW... Ben & Jerry's is giving out free ice cream too!

Shannon said...

I would be sad if I didnt get a sticker too!!! Especially if I were at Ben & Jerry's or Krispy Kreme!!! But I did get my sticker this morning so na na na na poo poo