With the cold weather officially here (it was FREEZING this morning) I'd thought I take some time to talk about one of my favorite things about fall & winter- lip balm. I freely admit it, I'm a bit obsessed thanks to a high school stint taking Accutane. At one point I belonged to an online support group- it wasn't helpful, since people mainly talked about what kind of lip balm they used and therefore all I did was go out and buy more lip balms to try. Not many people know this about me, but it's a secret shame of mine. At any given moment I have no less than 3 tubes on me. So being somewhat of an expert, I'd thought I'd review some of the leading brands for you:
- Lip Smackers: pro- the flavors are out of this world (I mean, Dr. Pepper- come on!) Con- the flavors make you lick your lips a lot (mmmmm root beer) which makes your lips drier than they were to begin with.
- Chapstick- Ah, the classic. that waxy taste reminds us all of childhood. Unfortunately that Katy Perry chick has ruined the cherry version for me for all time .
- Anything glossy- I'm talking Victoria's Secret, stuff from Sephora, you know, the clear stuff that usually tastes fruity. It's great for photos,and attracting the fellas, but lets be honest- it's sticky and if you get your hair caught in it good luck untangling that mess! Hair stuck to the mouth is not at all sexy.Plus it's not very soothing.
- Burt's Bees- the ultimate in lip care. it cools, it soothes, it costs 3-4 dollars a tube !
- Medicated stuff in tubs- I'll give it credit for working, because it totally does. But, you end up with its greasiness all over your fingers and smell like a sick person. Good luck getting the boy to kiss you when your lips smell like BenGay. Too high a price for smooth lips.
-Classic White Blistex- it works great, no mess on your fingers,the tingling feels cool, but the white residue it leaves on your lips, well that's not going to help any girl's work reputation, now is it?
Now do you understand why I can't choose just one?
love
14 years ago
1 comment:
You are ridiculous!!!!! :)
But I love you for it lol!
Post a Comment